Friday, February 17, 2012

Police access to data

I sent this to Rob on 6/18/09 






Dear Rob Anders,
   I am concerned about the bill proposed to allow police access to internet data. I totally agree that the police should have access to peruse whatever data they need but I believe it must be backed by a warrant. It is unjust and allows too much power in the hands of the police to allow the state to listen in on any communications without reason to be suspicious of the individual.

Jim McDonald
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Calgary Alberta

P.S. I have a bet with my wife as to whether you will acknowledge the receipt of this email. I believe you will not respond and she has faith that you will. We both hope and wish that you would.




But he did not have time to respond. I sure he must have been busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment